Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Oh the joys of writing

Here's another one of those "memories" conversations


Shared with Your friends
Ah the joys of the writer's life. I just received a royalty check for $1.44. One dollar and forty-four cents. Partaaaayyyy!
Gail Somerville
How will you ever decide what to spend it on? Hahaha
Shelley Gill
I have six books with one publisher. Have yet to get a check. Twenty five books and I work as a naturalist and do school visits. Shoulda been anything else.
Tim Jones
We don't do it for the money, that's for sure.
Shelley Gill
I used to write a book a year. Now I'm trying for three a year.
Tim Jones
I have been working on the current one for more than five years. If it ever gets finished and sells the hourly wage might be in the negatives
Michele Vincent
That'll buy a can of beer from the local 7-11
Sharon Wright
Buy stamps for your next submissions!
Tim Jones
It's all done on line these days.
Suzy Peakall
Don't know whether to cry or laugh at this one!
Kitty Delorey Fleischman
Sounds much like the magazine world.
Helen Hegener
I gave up on the traditionals a decade ago, never looked back, never been sorry. I'm not getting rich, but it's keeping me happy.
Tom Walker
Whooooo-hoooooo.
Tim Jones
Ha ha you got one too.
Tom Walker
Tim Jones no, I didnt. Nada
Tim Jones
You should have, it was our book. I'm not sure which is worse, getting a royalty check for $1.44 or not getting a royalty check for $1.44.
(In a more recent time I received $500 from Cruising World for an article they never printed) 

No comments:

Post a Comment